May’s reading covered five decades of crime fiction, starting more than a century ago with Frank Froest’s The Grell Mystery (1913), a bit of a hymn to Scotland Yard. Robert Grell, ‘social idol, millionaire and diplomat, and winner of the greatest matrimonial prize in London’ … Continue reading
- My Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- What's happened to Sid from Father Brown?
- Father Brown series 4 (and what happened to Susie Jasinski)
- Ruth Rendell: A Fatal Inversion
- Edgar Allan Poe: The Murders in the Rue Morgue
- Father Brown with Mark Williams: Your questions answered by the BBC producer
- CWA Top 100
- Edmund Wilson on The Nine Tailors
- Elisabeth Sanxay Holding: Miasma
- Detective Stories Chosen by Philip Pullman
- R. Austin Freeman: The Art of the Detective Story
Creative Commons License
Past Offences by Rich Westwood is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.